Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homecoming Disaster.

Homecoming- over. Homework- done. Shoes- off. Mashed potatoes- digested.
The weekend is over, thank God.
Homecoming went good. As always the before and after are the best part. The actual dance nearly killed me in embarrassment. We get there and it's so hot, and so crowded that I can't even get a grip on my own mind. We started out on the otter edge of the crowd just mingling, but then before I know it I'm being dragged to the center of the mob when there is flailing arms and legs, butts going all over the place and people surrounding me from all directions. Safe to say, I froze in panic. I couldn't move a muscle. No matter how hard I tried or what people said to me, I couldn't dance. I have never NOT been able to dance, ever. I do dance for a living! It was the weirdest experience of my life. I felt so bad, like I had ruined my night for my boyfriend. I wish I could go back and fix everything.

But I can't.

So now I must move on and tackle my last week of cheering and be done with that. Say goodbye to my sister as she leaves tomorrow. (thank the Lord) and get focoused on school.

No comments:

Post a Comment